Warm Chicken and Mushroom Salad
The warmth of the chicken and mushroom brings out the tangy flavor of the Dijon dressing.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• oil, for cooking
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 7 ounces mixed wild mushrooms, trimmed
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 5-6 cups mixed salad leaves
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• sprigs of fresh chervil or parsley, to garnish
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then heat a little oil in a skillet and fry for 4 minutes on each side, or until tender. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and set aside.
2. Heat a little more oil in the pan, add the butter and fry the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, or until tender and lightly colored. Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Season to taste and removed with a slotted spoon.
3. Wash and dry the salad leaves and tear into bite-size pieces. Set aside in a large bowl. Remove the foil from the chicken and slice at an angle lengthwise.
4. Whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Continue whisking and slowly add the oil. Pour half the dressing over the salad leaves and toss well; place a mound in the center of each plate. Toss the mushrooms in half the remaining dressing and sprinkle over the salad. Arrange the chicken on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with springs